December 18, Friday, 11 am, day trip by motorcoach to quaint Christmas churches
Through the woods to Apple Creek churches we go! By motorcoach, we will travel to country churches decorated for the joyous season. Join us as we are inspired by the Christmas spirit through simple, rustic beauty. Enjoy a home-style meal, visit a unique museum and shop for hand-made crafts and food. Trip weather permitting. Departure from Crestwood Government Center at 11 a.m.
Cost $45; reservations required, deadline, Tuesday, December 15.
Call Crestwood Community Center at 314~729~4860 to charge or mail check to Crestwood Community Center, Attention: Tera, 9245 White Cliff Park 63126.
Please include your name, address and phone number on check payable to City of Crestwood.
Please note that this event is sponsored by the historic Sappington House in Crestwood as part of its winter season of holiday events 2015. It is being publicized by Sappington-Concord Historical Society, SCHS, for the sake of its members and as an assist to our “namesake” organization, Sappington House.
Please note that the tour for this year is filled as of Dec 13. Call to be put on a wait list or to be contacted about a tour for next year. There is also a self driving tour guide available. Learn more about it at the AAA Traveler magazine web site. Also, there is a Facebook group page Christmas Country Church Tour.
Sunday, December 20, 2015 update:
See photos and review of the quaint Christmas churches tour by James Baughn on his blog Pavement Ends with the Southeast Missourian newspaper.
In addition, Sally H. Cakouros, resident manager of the Sappington House, reports that the tour was spectacular and that she hopes the Sappington House can hold the tour next year. They could see some of the other churches on the tour and some who did not get on the bus this year will have another chance next year.
The self driving tour guide lists the following churches open to visits on December 17 and 18 as listed in pdf brochure available at http://www.perryvillemo.com/Brochure.pdf
1. St. Mary’s of the Barrens Catholic Church/Association of the Miraculous Medal- Perryville (1811 W. St. Joseph St.)
2. Peace Lutheran Church- Friedenberg (PCR 302)
3. Zion Lutheran Church- Longtown (6483 S. Hwy 61)
4. Grace Lutheran Church- Uniontown (53 Grace Ln)
5. St. Joseph Catholic Church- Apple Creek (St. Joseph Ln)
6. St. Maurus Catholic Church- Biehle (10198 Hwy B)
7. Trinity Lutheran Church- Friedheim (3700 CR 415)
8. New Salem Methodist- Daisy (AA, .5 miles west of Hwy B)
9. First Baptist Church- Oak Ridge (4154 Hwy E)
10. Sargent’s Chapel Lutheran Church (B to AA to CR 266 to 234)
11. Caney Fork Baptist Church- off Hwy B (CR472)
12. St. John’s United Church of Christ (Friday Only)- Fruitland (781 State Hwy FF)
13. Pleasant Hill Presbyterian- Fruitland (end of CR 541)
14. Apple Creek Presbyterian (Friday Only)- Pocahontas (junction of CR 530 & CR 543, .8 miles east of Pocahontas)
15. St. John’s Lutheran Church- Pocahontas (158 Little St.)
16. Zion Lutheran Church- Pocahontas (264 Pocahontas Main St.)
17. Trinity Lutheran Church- Shawneetown (175 Shawneetown Rd)
18. Immanuel Lutheran Church- New Wells (320 CR 516)
19. Lutheran Heritage Center & Log Cabin College- Altenburg (75 Church St.)
20. Trinity Lutheran Church- Altenburg (57 Church St.)
21. Immanuel Lutheran Church- Altenburg (8234 Main St.)
22. Concordia Lutheran Church- Frohna (10172 HwyC)
23. Brazeau Presbyterian Church- Brazeau (Church Ln)
24. Salem Lutheran Church- Farrar (287 PCR 328)
25. Bethlehem Baptist Church- Crosstown (160 PCR 350)
26. Zion United Methodist- KK near Old Appleton (151 Zion Church Rd)
27. Pleasant Grove Baptist Church- near Crosstown (2888 PCR 314)
28. Crossroads United Methodist Church- off Hwy KK (CR 200)
Below is a reproduction of tour map from pdf brochure available at http://www.perryvillemo.com/Brochure.pdf