Did you make it to one one of the nights of candlelight tours at Sappington House and hear the dulcimer music? CD’s by the Booneslick Strings with dulcimer are available now for $5 at the Sappington House. This fundraiser for Sappington House is thanks to Al Puknat, the dulcimer player with Booneslick Strings. Call Sally, Sappington House manager, at 314-822-8171 to reserve Booneslick Strings CD for yourself.
The group: The Booneslick Strings
Title of the album: DOWN THE RIVER AND AROUND THE BEND
See a description of the Booneslick Strings and the CD on Heritage Products web site.
Description of the music and list of song titles:
Featuring music of the 18th and 19th centuries
1. Flop-Eared Mule / Camptown Races 2:50
2. The Ash Grove 3:34
3. Mississippi Sawyer / Whiskey Before Breakfast 3:56
4. Going Down to Cairo 2:50
5. Westphalia Waltz 4:24
6. Muckin’ O’ Geordie’s Byre 2:37
7. Red Wing 2:48
8. Iowa Waltz 3:27
9. Jacob’s Ladder 2:17
10. Seamus O’Brien 3:47
11. The Braes of Balquhidder 2:56
12. Haste to the Wedding 2:32
13. Church in the Wildwood 3:34
14. Sweet Hour of Prayer 3:23
15. Wayfaring Stranger 4:37
16. Shall We Gather at the River? 2:50
17. Amazing Grace 2:25
18. When They Ring the Golden Bells 3:45
Ron Beights – Mandolin, Mandolin-Banjo, Harmonica, Vocals
Al Puknat – Guitar, Mountain Dulcimer, Vocals.
Joe Tesson – Fiddle, Vocals.
Recorded at JV Studios, Fredericktown. Mo. circa 2010