The SCHS has a small archives of artifacts which the Society displays for short times in various places. One of those places that has become a regular over the past few years is the St. Louis County library system. The Tesson Ferry and Oak Bend libraries have allowed SCHS to set up displays in their display cases. Not all of the displays have been from the archives. Some SCHS members have also contributed portions of their personal collections of various kinds to make very fine displays. This program extends to members the chance to share their personal collections of history-related materials with other SCHS members and the public.
Below is a listing of some of the displays that the Society has mounted over the past few years at Tesson Ferry and Oak Bend libraries:
• A sampler of maps and graphic from the Missouri HIstory Museum exhibit, “A Walk in 1875 St Louis.” Oak Bend LIbrary, September 2015.
• “Valentines Through the Years” SCHS display at Tesson Ferry Library in February 2015 organized by Rose Marie Karius.
• Christmas Cheer, Antique Toys and WWI Christmas Truce by Rose Marie Karius – December 2014 at Oak Bend Library. See more about the 100th anniversary of the World War One Christmas Truce, 1914-2014 at: WWI Christmas Truce
See photos of the display case at Christmas 2014 Display Case – Oak Bend Library
• World War I and Veterans Day by Jacque Stock – November 2014 (Display by SCHS working with Jefferson Barracks Historical Site)
• Mementos left at the AVTT Vietnam Traveling Wall at Lindbergh High School on loan from Sunset Hills Historical Society – February, March 2014
• Route 66 Memorabilia by Donna Wagner – November 2013
• Kitchen Imlements by Rose Marie Karius – April 2013
• Veterans Recognition at Oak Bend library by Jacque Stock – May 2012
• The Civil War in Missouri by Terry Rupp – March 2012
• Tesson Ferry Library and the Surrounding Area; Past and Present by Terry Rupp – January 2011
• Valentines through the years by Terry Rupp – (no photo)
• Weddings in Days Gone By by Terry Rupp – January 2010
• An Old Fashioned Christmas by Terry Rupp and SCHS board – December 2010
See more about the 100th anniversary of the World War One Christmas Truce, 1914-2014 at: at: WWI Christmas Truce and http://www.schs.ws/schs2/wwi-christmas-truce/
The February to March 2014 display at Tesson Ferry library was of items left at the AVTT Vietnam Traveling Wall in June of 201`3 at Lindbergh High School. See Show-Me Hero Salute for more info on that event. The mementos were on loan to SCHS from the Sunset Hills Historical Society which brought the AVTT Vietnam Traveling Wall to St. Louis in June of 2013 and was displayed at Lindbergh High School.
Visit Tesson Ferry library in November to see the WWI and Veterans Day display for the whole month of November, 2014!
Sappington-Concord Historical Society…
…join us and we’ll make history together!
Go to Joining page.